Brent Cross South Community Fund
Thanks for considering applying to the Brent Cross South Community Fund (BXS Community Fund)!
Have a read through the below to find out more about the background of the fund and to also pick up some useful guidelines/tips for your application – see the application form here.
Who can apply?
The fund is open to all community groups (including registered charities and informal community/resident groups), not-for-profit organisations and community institutions such as schools.
The fund is to be as inclusive as possible, therefore is not available to private/personal projects, profit-making organisations or religious groups *
* Faith-based projects are welcome to apply, as long as the project being funded is not solely faith oriented. For example, funding for a public garden, open to all, on church grounds would be considered.
What’s on offer?
£25,000 worth of grants are available. Projects can apply for funding of up to £3,000 each.
Each application is considered based on set Impact Criteria (see impact criteria). A panel will then choose the successful applicants. This panel will consist of: Argent Related, London Borough of Barnet and local community representatives.
The panel will consider the following points when reading through your application.
(Top tip – make sure you take note of these to help you with your application!)
- Community need – How much social impact will be achieved through the funding?
- The fund’s aim – Alignment with the three themes mentioned in the About the BXS Community Fund
- Location – Is your project/group within the target location? (See map below)
- Attainability – How achievable is your goal(s)?
- Timeframe – Will you start your project within three-months?
There are three key dates to know:
- Applications open 20 May 2019
- Applications close midnight 16 June
- Projects will be notified by early July 2019
By location – which projects qualify?
This fund is aimed at encouraging people and organisations to participate in their local community. We especially want to hear from projects based within the area highlighted below, however projects just outside of these areas may be considered also.
See Map Below
How to Apply and Deadlines
The application form can be found here.
Remember applications close midnight on Sunday 16 June 2019.
Follow the story!
For Fund updates and news, make sure to follow #BXSCommunityFund