About Brent Cross South
Throughout Brent Cross South (BXS)’s design and construction, we want community engagement and participation to influence the detail of homes, offices and public places.
Although the revised 2014 (Section 73) Outline Planning Permission provides a clear set of guidelines for BXS, it is also the starting point for more detailed design work. Argent Related and Barnet Council, in their development partnership, fully anticipate that there may be further enhancements to the approved masterplan as the development progresses. Our ambition is to work alongside the local community to inform these improvements.
The BXS masterplan will deliver:
- 6,700 new homes with a mix of sale, rental and affordable homes
- 3+ million square feet of new office space providing over 25,000 jobs
- A new high street, with local shops and restaurants
- Improved transport connections, with the new Brent Cross West Thameslink station serving the area
- Better walking and cycle routes
- New bridges over the North Circular Road, Midland Main Line and Hendon Way
- New squares and parks with inspiring places for children to play
- New and improved community facilities
Brent Cross South town centre will be a welcoming place which focuses on local needs and provides amenities for a diverse residential and business community. It will be connected to Brent Cross shopping centre by a new pedestrian and cycle bridge over the North Circular Road,
A new high street in the centre of the development will provide a mix of shops and restaurants in attractive new public spaces. It will be a place where people can enjoy spending time both during the week and at the weekend.
A cluster of new office buildings around the new Brent Cross West Thameslink station, as well as flexible small business spaces adjacent to the new high street, will make BXS a great place to work or start a business.
Better walking and cycling routes will provide connections to local parks and improved green spaces, such as Claremont Park, and there will be inspiring places for children and adults alike to be active outdoors.
Visualisation of the Brent Cross Cricklewood development area © CItyscape
Visualisation of Plot 13, Brent Cross South
Aerial photo of the Brent Cross South development site